- Serves a vital role in acting as the institution's initial point of contact with clients of Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare.
- Efficiently manages all types of enquires and requests with reference to information pertaining to Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare and its shared services.
- Responsible for booking of client outpatient appointments, delivery of general hospital(s) information as well as other information about Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare and its corresponding services.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Handle outbound and inbound calls professionally from external and internal customers and assist customers with inquiries & requests.
- Able to handle emergency requests such as ambulance requests quickly, calmly and professionally.
- Make outpatient appointments for patients from phone or upon relevant request.
- Have sufficient clinical knowledge to assist patients in selecting proper specialty for treatment and consultation.
- Responsible for announcements over the public address system when required – Emergency Response Calls and any other announcement as required.
- Handle escalated calls, complaints, and queries as necessary.
- Must be sufficiently familiar with the operations of the hospital(s) to correctly answer and/or route calls to appropriate departments / staff.
- Must be sufficiently familiar with doctors’ specialties, clinic hours, and scheduling preferences to make correct appointments for patients.
- Maintain a response rate to inbound calls in accordance with agreed standards of performance.
- Attend all official phone calls promptly using a pre-determined script and with proper telephone etiquette.
- Make detailed notes on all transactions made in the Hospital Information System and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Notify patients regarding clinic cancellations and reschedule appointments.
- Blocking and unblocking of clinics at HIS upon request from Doctors or clinic assistant.
- Arrange for interpreter services when necessary.
- Perform assigned clerical duties when necessary.
- Assist superiors as and when needed.
- Must be able to research required information using accessible resources.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance, personal appearance, punctuality and adhere to health and safety procedures.
- Send SMS reminders to patients regarding upcoming appointments and clinic cancellations.
- Guide and train junior staff.
- Establish and maintain efficient working relationships with superiors and customers.
- Attends all staff meetings / training as and when directed by the Department Head.
- Ensures that all duties are carried out in line with the hospital policy as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Maintain patient / customer confidentiality in all services provided.
- Able to rotate work location in the following sites: Subang Jaya Medical Centre, Ara Damansara Medical Centre or Wisma Consplant.
Education / Professional Qualification
- Should possess a minimum qualification of Diploma (studies related to Medical).
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in the Hospital / Clinical / Medical background
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in the Call Centre / Customer Service industry
- Mandarin-speaking is added advantage
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia. Additional language is an advantage.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Good team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies.
- Able to operate well under pressure.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
Interested candidates can submit their resume to Ms Dayang: firstname.lastname@example.org